What is WWE?
WWE abbreviation is world wrestling entertainment. It is well known for Professional wrestling in the world. It was founded in the 1950s. The headquarter of WWE is in Stamford, Connecticut, approximately 35 miles from New York. It has its offices in all the major cities around the world. It is a source of entertainment. The wrestlers in WWE are highly professionally well trained. The moves performed in world wrestling entertainment can put performers at risk of injury or even death if not performed correctly. Vince McMahon is the owner of the WWE.
Vince McMahon and his wife Linda McMann were the founders of Titan sports. Titan sports were renamed WWF (world wrestling federation in 1998, and in 2002 it was renamed again as WWE (world wrestling entertainment) as they had lost a lawsuit case against world wildlife.
A brief history of world wrestling entertainment
- In 1952 Jess McMahon and Toots Mondt found a company and then named it CWC (Capitol Wrestling Corporation. It was the part of NWA (national wrestling alliance), which had emergence with other organizations related to wrestling.
- In the year 1963, Capitol wrestling corporation left the National wrestling alliance after some dispute, as a result in creating WWWF (worldwide wrestling federation)
- In 1969, Vince McMahon joined his father, Vince j. McMahon in the promotion
- Vince McMahon took control of WWWF operations and promotions in 1971
- In 1979, Vince McMahon requested his father to change the name of WWWF to WWF (World wrestling federation)
- Vince McMahon applied for the trademark initials of WWF in 1980
- In 1983, Vince McMahon purchased the world wrestling federation from his father and had a different vision for WWF. He wanted the company to be a separate entity. Vince McMahon is now successfully launching the show across the united states.
- In 1985, the WrestleMania event was launched, which attracted many celebrities to this event. He also added more events such as the royal rumble, Summerslam, king of the ring, and survivor series.
- In 1993, Monday night raw was launched, which went live on the network of USA. during this period undertaker, Shawn Michel razor Ramon signed a contract with WWF
- In 1997, Vince McMahon announced the starting period of the Attitude era. This was the turning point in WWF and hence was the rising period of WWF.
- Smackdown was launched on the UPN network in 1999.
- In 2001, the World Wrestling Federation acquired WCW.
- In 2002, the world wrestling federation lost a suitcase against World wildlife.
- The Attitude era moves towards the PG era in 2008.
- In 2016, Raw and smackdown became two separate brands with their superstars and champion